Hello, every one this is VU3EFL.
After making 20/40 meter antenna for my icom transreceiver 746pro, I plan to make DIY CI-V Cable to control my rig using my Desktop pc.
For controling rig we need FTDI USB Icom programing cable, You have a option to buy new one from the online market place. But as a hobby i always try to make it by my self so that it saves money, enhance knowledge and when its works – “Give confidence and feeling of satisfaction” that yes i make it and its works :P.
I made DIY rig control cable in just About ~3$ only (INR.200 only).
So lets come to the points.
Things Needed :
- FT232RL – USB to TTL Converter/ Adaptor : For India – You can buy from online USB TO UART TTL 5V 3.3V FT232RL It’s just cost me Rs.130 only (~2$).
- USB Mini B to USB Mini A Cable: It’s use to connect TTL converter to your PC. In my case, i already have it. You can buy online or offline as per your convenience.
- 1 Resistor of 10k and IN4148 Diodes (Both Cost me about 3Rs.)
- 3.5 stereo jack plug.
- Sheilded Wire (TLL converter to 3.5 Stereo jack plug) – I use CCTV inner core wire.
Images of my DIY Project, Ignore mistake as i am not technician, just following the charts :-
While connecting your RIG using cable make sure you installed driver for FTDI, you can find it using this link
For controlling a rig, you need a software HDR (Ham Radio deluxe) is the best software that i am using at presnet.
I reffers following URLS :
- Special Thanks to VU2KYZ – Ashok Khacharji for being mentor.